MARLO MEETS: DAN SNOW
This week Marlo has the pleasure of meeting the highly acclaimed historian, 'Dan Snow' MBE. As the nation pays respects to those who sacrificed their lives on the battleground of World War One, we meet an expert who knows all about the poignant significance of remembrance day.
1. What was your childhood dream?
To walk on Mars. It’s unlikely, but there’s an outside chance.
2. If you were on Desert Island Discs, what would your luxury be?
A library of books.
3. Is there a book by your bedside at the moment?
'The Story of China' by Michael Wood.
4. If you could own one painting in the world, what would it be?
'The Fighting Temeraire' by J.M.W. Turner.
5. Who was the most important drunkard in History?
6. How is History Hit going at the moment? Are you up to anything else?
It is very exciting. Like Marlo we are discovering ways to talk to an audience which completely bypasses the old gate keepers. We have got more subscribers than ever, and we are getting more and more ambitious about the shows that we make.