MARLO MEETS: SALLY CLARKE
This week we meet Sally Clarke, the genius behind 'Clarke's' - one of London's finest restaurants that has been blowing us away with seasonal delicacies for the last 35 years. Sally has just opened a new shop in Westbourne Grove, and we look to catch up with her in the dawn of this exciting new adventure.
1. Tell us a bit about your new shop in Westbourne Grove!
We had been searching for Shop Number 2 for a long time - and found this perfect corner site mid pandemic! It is equidistant from our bakery and restaurant premises - so it ticked lots lots of boxes for us. Shop No 1 was such a fabulous extension of the restaurant and bakery - we felt the need to spread the love!
2. What was your childhood dream?
To be a singer!
3. Classic French or New World wine?
I don't drink but when I do again, It will be California.
4. If you were on Desert Island Discs, what would your luxury be?
5. If you could own one painting in the world, what would it be?
Anything by Albrecht Durer - maybe 'Young Hare' or 'Great Piece of Turf'.
6. What is your ideal last meal?
Cornish Crab Salad and a Roast Organic Chicken.
7. Finally, what can we expect from Clarke's in the coming months?
Who knows what will happen in the world/London/UK over the next few months... if we are lucky and there is no need for further lockdowns, we will continue to fill the restaurant as much as we safely can; our shops, production kitchen and bakery will continue to produce and sell the fabulous items our customers love - and our online offering will become even more varied and delicious as the seasons change.