MARLO MEETS: TOM HIXSON
With an incredibly exciting collaboration coming at the beginning of December, we get to know the man behind Smithfield's finest and most prestigious butcher, 'Tom Hixson'.
In light of our collaboration, Tom Hixson is kindly offering Marlo customers £20 off their first order over £50 using the code MARLO20 (valid until 30/11/20).
With another lockdown incoming, what better way to get your fix of meat than enjoying £20 off at Tom Hixson of Smithfield!
1. How's it all been going at Smithfield in recent months?
It has been a crazy year here, but I guess that is a reflection of the times we are living in. We have been doing our best to service our restaurant and home delivery customers having seen spikes (and dips) in demand as a result of the first lockdown and the Eat Out to Help Out scheme.
2. What was your childhood dream?
Playing rugby for England! Sparked by our 2003 World Cup win with Jonny Wilkinson being my hero. Unfortunately though, my talents on the pitch didn’t help me get very far with this one.
3. Do you have a guilty pleasure?
90s pop, but I’d argue it isn’t guilty judging by the crowd it’s guaranteed to pull in on the dancefloor.
4. What is your ideal last meal?
My dad’s Sunday Roast with a lovely ribeye joint and all the trimmings. Heaven!
5. Who would you invite to your fantasy dinner party?
Anthony Bourdain, Hunter S. Thompson and Paul McCartney.
6. What is the best gift you have ever received?
Cheesy I know but I always think the best gift is somebody’s time, so I’d say a nice meal that someone has prepared for me.
7. Finally, is there anything exciting in the pipeline for Tom Hixson of Smithfield in the coming months?
With Christmas just around the corner, we’ll be launching our exclusive festive range very soon. Watch this space!